- Location: Sunol Regional Wilderness
- Route: Start from the parking area and follow Camp Ohlone Road along Alameda Creek. Continue and enjoy the "Little Yosemite" section. Continue on Camp Ohlone Road to Backpack Road, and take a Left. Follow Backpack Road to McCorkle Road, and turn Left on to McCorkle Road. Stay on McCorkle Road and follow it all the way back to Camp Ohlone Road. Turn Right on to Camp Ohlone Road, and return to the parking area.
- Mileage: 6.90 miles, 1089 feet elevation gain.
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Description: This loop hike introduces hikers to a wide variety of habitat and experiences. In the winter, the cascading rush in Little Yosemite is energizing. The oak studded hills of Backpack and MacCorkel Trails lead to views of Calaveras Reservoir.
- Trail Map
Image Highlights from Little Yosemite:
Image Highlights from Backpack and McCorkle Trails:
Trailhead and Parking: