- Location: Mount Diablo State Park
- Route: Start at Mitchell Canyon Staging area, and follow Mitchell Canyon Road to a Left on Oak Road. Follow Oak Road to a Right on to Mitchell Rock Trail. Continuing past Twin Peaks, follow Eagle Peak trail to Eagle Peak. Return by following Eagle Peak trail down to the intersection with Mitchell Rock Trail. Turn Right on to Eagle Peak Trail and follow that to Bruce Lee Road. Take Bruce Lee Road back to the Mitchell Canyon Staging area.
- Mileage: 7.48 miles, 1731 feet elevation gain
- Difficulty Level: Strenuous. This is for strong hikers used to climbing steep, single track trails.
- Description: This is a challenging and attractive hike due to the variety of habitats explored, and the steep climbs required. Hikers will pass Twin Peaks on their way to the expansive vistas of Eagle Peak.
- Trail Map: MDIA
Scenes from the hike: