Damnation Creek Trail
- Location:Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park
- Trailhead:Milepost 16.0 on Hwy 101
- Mileage: 2.1 miles to the ocean
- Difficulty Level: Strenuous, 1,000 feet elevation change
- Description: I met a ranger on the Boy Scout Tree trail who recommended this hike. The roadside trailhead may be difficult to find, but look for the parked cars. I was warned about car thefts here, so hide valuables. The hike is through rugged, old growth redwoods. I was specifically looking for rhododendrons, and captured a few shots of the late season stragglers. I did not hike very far, but the trail leads to the ocean.