Canyon Redwoods, from the Redwood Trail. Requires Permit.
- Location: East Bay Mud South Watershed
- Route: From the parking area at the intersection of Canyon Road and Pinehurst Road, climb Redwood Trail through the redwoods. At the end of the trail, you'll intersect with Redwood Regional Park.
- Mileage: Redwood Trail from Valle Vista staging area is 1.7 miles.
- Difficulty Level: Strenuous. Steep switchbacks and elevation gain of about 800 feet.
- Description: The steep climb breathing in the forest air is invigorating and exhilarating. There are more bay trees before the trail intersects with Pinehurst Road, then the forest is mostly second growth redwood.
- Trail Map: Download Trail Map Here
- Trailhead and Parking: Intersection of Canyon Road and Pinehurst Road. Very limited parking. Best option is to start the hike from the Valle Vista Staging area.